BRASHER FALLS A family of five lost their trailer home in a fire Monday morning on County Route 55 near Smith Road, town of Brasher.
Helena Fire Chief Frank Burns said the fire, which broke out shortly after 8 a.m., gutted the interior of the trailer belonging to Justin and Heather Soulia and their three children, ages 5, 3 and 1½. Mutual aid was provided by the Brasher-Winthrop and North Lawrence fire departments; the Tri-Town Rescue Squad also responded, as did the American Red Cross.
Mrs. Soulia and the three children were home when the fire broke out but were not hurt, fire officials said.
Mr. Burns said the cause of the fire was determined to be a kerosene heater being used to heat the home.
The units can be very dangerous, Mr. Burns said. Read the manufacturers manual before you use them and do not fill the units inside the residence.