Northern New York Newspapers
Watertown
Ogdensburg
Massena-Potsdam
Lowville
Carthage
Malone
NNY Business
NNY Living
NNY Ads
Wed., Aug. 20
SUBSCRIBE
Serving the community of Ogdensburg, New York
55°F
Related Stories

Clayton house damaged by chimney fire

ARTICLE OPTIONS
A A
print this article
e-mail this article

CLAYTON — A side of the home of Lawrence P. Phinney, 40979 Smithering Heights Road, town of Clayton, was damaged Wednesday night by a blaze caused by an overheated chimney.

Mr. Phinney was home with his three dogs, unaware of what was happening, when a neighbor alerted him to the outdoor fire, according to Joseph D. Plummer, Jefferson County director of fire and emergency management.

Fire units from Clayton, Cape Vincent, Depauville, Fishers Landing and LaFargeville responded to the 7:19 p.m. alarm, and remained on scene for nearly three hours. There were no injuries. The property is insured.

A wood-burning stove was in use, Mr. Plummer said.

Connect with Us
OGD on FacebookOGD on Twitter
Tuesday 's Covers
Frontpage
Sports cover
Our Community cover