Northern New York Newspapers
Watertown
Ogdensburg
Massena-Potsdam
Lowville
Carthage
Malone
NNY Business
NNY Living
NNY Ads
Thu., Nov. 27
SUBSCRIBE
Serving the community of Ogdensburg, New York
26°F
Related Stories

Fire damages Lansing Street home

PREV
NEXT
ARTICLE OPTIONS
A A
print this article
e-mail this article

A two-family house at 625 Lansing St. sustained minimal damage Friday morning after a blanket left too close to a space heater caught fire, Watertown Fire Chief Dale C. Herman said.

Firefighters were called to the scene at 6:33 a.m. and the fire was extinguished within a few minutes. A wall, door casing and ceiling in the bedroom were damaged, Chief Herman said.

Joseph Wilson was at home when the fire began; he got out of the house unharmed.

Firefighters were on the scene for about 40 minutes.

Commenting rules:
  1. Stick to the topic of the article/letter/editorial.
  2. When responding to issues raised by other commenters, do not engage in personal attacks or name-calling.
  3. Comments that include profanity/obscenities or are libelous in nature will be removed without warning.
Violators' commenting privileges may be revoked indefinitely. By commenting you agree to our full Terms of Use.
Giveaway
Syracuse Football Tickets Giveaway
Connect with Us
OGD on FacebookOGD on Twitter
Thursday 's Covers