Northern New York Newspapers
Watertown
Ogdensburg
Massena-Potsdam
Lowville
Carthage
Malone
NNY Business
NNY Living
NNY Ads
Thu., Aug. 21
SUBSCRIBE
Serving the community of Ogdensburg, New York
73°F
Related Stories

Fire damages Lansing Street home

ARTICLE OPTIONS
A A
print this article
e-mail this article

A two-family house at 625 Lansing St. sustained minimal damage Friday morning after a blanket left too close to a space heater caught fire, Watertown Fire Chief Dale C. Herman said.

Firefighters were called to the scene at 6:33 a.m. and the fire was extinguished within a few minutes. A wall, door casing and ceiling in the bedroom were damaged, Chief Herman said.

Joseph Wilson was at home when the fire began; he got out of the house unharmed.

Firefighters were on the scene for about 40 minutes.

Connect with Us
OGD on FacebookOGD on Twitter
Thursday 's Covers