PARISHVILLE An overheated woodstove sparked a blaze that destroyed a Parishville home Monday morning, leaving seven people homeless, St. Lawrence County fire investigators said.
Two adults and five children lived at 246 County Route 56, which was owned by Neil F. Richards. There were no injuries.
The blaze was reported at 10:38 a.m., with Parishville fire crews on the scene until after 3 p.m. Nicholville, Potsdam and Hopkinton provided mutual aid.
The home, which was not insured, was declared a total loss in what investigators ruled an accidental blaze.
The Red Cross was summoned to assist the family.