Northern New York Newspapers
Watertown
Ogdensburg
Massena-Potsdam
Lowville
Carthage
Malone
NNY Business
NNY Living
NNY Ads
Mon., Dec. 22
SUBSCRIBE
Serving the community of Ogdensburg, New York
26°F
Related Stories

Kitchen fire leaves family of seven homeless

PREV
NEXT
ARTICLE OPTIONS
A A
print this article
e-mail this article

OGDENSBURG -An unattended pan of cooking grease on a stove caught fire Wednesday night, setting an Ogdensburg duplex apartment’s kitchen on fire and leaving a family of seven homeless, city fire officials said.

Tory Pray, 28, and Britney Goolden, 22, and their children - sons age 8 and 2 and daughters age 6, 4 and 1 - all of 938 Paterson St., were uninjured and are staying with relatives, according to Assistant Fire Chief Raymond J. LaRock.

Fire damage was confined to the downstairs kitchen and was estimated at $20,000.

Commenting rules:
  1. Stick to the topic of the article/letter/editorial.
  2. When responding to issues raised by other commenters, do not engage in personal attacks or name-calling.
  3. Comments that include profanity/obscenities or are libelous in nature will be removed without warning.
Violators' commenting privileges may be revoked indefinitely. By commenting you agree to our full Terms of Use.
Giveaway
Syracuse Football Tickets Giveaway
Connect with Us
OGD on FacebookOGD on Twitter
Thursday 's Covers