Northern New York Newspapers
Watertown
Ogdensburg
Massena-Potsdam
Lowville
Carthage
Malone
NNY Business
NNY Living
NNY Ads
Wed., Nov. 26
SUBSCRIBE
Serving the community of Ogdensburg, New York
31°F
Related Stories

No injuries reported after smoke found at Carthage assisted living facility

PREV
NEXT
ARTICLE OPTIONS
A A
print this article
e-mail this article

Several fire crews were called on Monday evening after an overheated air conditioning unit started smoking at the recently opened Meadowbrook Terrace Assisted Living Facility, 21957 Cole Road. Crews were called out at about 6:22 p.m. and quickly went through the building to find the source of the problem.

“Once you find the unit, it’s pretty self-explanatory,” Great Bend Fire Department Assistant Chief Todd E. Thomas said.

No injuries were reported following the emergency call, although some residents were temporarily evacuated from their rooms.

Meadowbrook Terrace opened Feb. 18. It was built with a $9 million state grant, part of the $34 million Health Care Efficiency and Affordability Law for New Yorkers grant that also was used to build Samaritan Summit Village in Watertown.

The facility features 12 one-bedroom, 433-square-foot apartments for people who require more help than those who reside in the 48 322-square-foot studio apartments.

Commenting rules:
  1. Stick to the topic of the article/letter/editorial.
  2. When responding to issues raised by other commenters, do not engage in personal attacks or name-calling.
  3. Comments that include profanity/obscenities or are libelous in nature will be removed without warning.
Violators' commenting privileges may be revoked indefinitely. By commenting you agree to our full Terms of Use.
Giveaway
Syracuse Football Tickets Giveaway
Connect with Us
OGD on FacebookOGD on Twitter
Tuesday 's Covers