Northern New York Newspapers
Watertown
Ogdensburg
Massena-Potsdam
Lowville
Carthage
Malone
NNY Business
NNY Living
NNY Ads
Wed., Nov. 26
SUBSCRIBE
Serving the community of Ogdensburg, New York
31°F
Related Stories

Potsdam residence fire caused by electrical issue

PREV
NEXT
ARTICLE OPTIONS
A A
print this article
e-mail this article

WEST POTSDAM — A fire that destroyed a Potsdam-area residence Thursday evening was caused by an electrical issue, according to fire investigators.

West Potsdam firefighters were called to a structure fire at 7:09 p.m. at 6632 Route 11, the home of Asil R. Bice. Mutual aid was provided by the Potsdam, Canton, Morley, Pierrepont, Hannawa Falls and Madrid fire departments. The Potsdam Rescue Squad also responded to the scene, where one firefighter was treated for a minor injury.

Madrid, Parishville and Waddington firefighters were placed on standby.

The rescue efforts, early investigation and other duties took more than four hours, with the West Potsdam firefighters back in service at 11:41 p.m.

A garage on the property had been destroyed by a fire in April 2009.

Commenting rules:
  1. Stick to the topic of the article/letter/editorial.
  2. When responding to issues raised by other commenters, do not engage in personal attacks or name-calling.
  3. Comments that include profanity/obscenities or are libelous in nature will be removed without warning.
Violators' commenting privileges may be revoked indefinitely. By commenting you agree to our full Terms of Use.
Giveaway
Syracuse Football Tickets Giveaway
Connect with Us
OGD on FacebookOGD on Twitter
Tuesday 's Covers