Northern New York Newspapers
Watertown Daily Times
The Journal
Daily Courier-Observer
NNY Ads
NNY Business
NNY Living
Malone Telegram
Wed., Jul. 9
SUBSCRIBE
Serving the community of Ogdensburg, New York
69°F
Related Stories

Pinched wire in floor camp causes minor fire at casino resort

ARTICLE OPTIONS
A A
print this article
e-mail this article

AKWESASNE - An overheated lamp cord caused a minor fire at approximately 10:10 p.m. Thursday at the Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort.

Casino officials, in a press release issued Friday, said two casino associates were treated for “minor ailments.”

They said fire department officials had ruled that a pinched wire in a floor lamp located in an unoccupied seventh floor hotel room had ignited, causing minor damage. The fire was quickly extinguished using a hand-held fire extinguisher, according to casino officials.

“For safety reasons, hotel occupants were evacuated and the Hogansburg-Akwesasne Volunteer Fire Department and the Saint Regis Mohawk Police responded with aid from local area fire departments,” they said. “Hotel occupants were allowed to return to their rooms without incident.”

Connect with Us
OGD on FacebookOGD on Twitter
Tuesday 's Covers
Frontpage
Sports cover
Our Community cover