COLTON Fire destroyed a house at 6548 County Route 24 in Colton early Saturday morning.
Hannawa Falls Fire Chief Kevin J. Premo was first on scene after receiving a call shortly before 5 a.m. After arriving, he said that he ran up to the house where all three residents were safely outside.
Stephen M. Stowe, who owns the house and lives there with his wife Wendy L. and father-in-law Robert Selleck, said that the fire started in his father-in-law, Robert Sellecks upstairs room. Mr. Stowe said he believed the source of the fire was a propane heater used by his father-in-law, but the St. Lawrence County Investigation team had not examined the scene yet Saturday morning.
Hannawa Falls, Potsdam, Pierrepont, Colton and Parishville fire departments were all on scene, containing the fire around 6:15 a.m.