CANTON - Volunteers from the Canton, Morley, DeKalb, Rensselaer Falls, Hermon and Pyrites fire departments all responded to the scene of a chimney fire in Canton Sunday evening. Canton Fire Chief Robert Crowe said damage from the blaze, which occurred at 854 Miner Street Road, was limited to the homes attic and roofline.
Firefighters were on the scene for more than two hours with the call coming at 5:44 p.m., and volunteers not checking back in service until 8:09 p.m.
The firemen were able to get up in the attic, pull the ceiling and extinguish the fire with minor overhaul, Mr. Crowe said in a release. This was a good stop by all firemen on the scene.
The home, owned and occupied by Myron Dafoe was insured.