MORRISTOWN - The Morristown Volunteer Fire Department responded to a fire at 849 Scotch Bush Rd. at roughly 3 p.m. Sunday. A two-bay garage was on fire with two vehicles inside.
The fire was knocked down within two minutes, according to a news release from the department.
It was a great save and everyone did an awesome job, Chief Kevin Crosby said in the release.
Firefighters with Brier Hill and Heuvelton Volunteer Fire Departments assisted.
There was minor fire damage to the back wall of the garage and some of the items on the back wall.
The two vehicles inside the garage received minor heat damage.
Damage was estimated at $2,500 to $5,000 on the garage and $4,000 to $5,000 in damage to the two vehicles. The cause has been listed as accidental due to an improperly installed chimney. There were no injuries and the garage was insured.