Northern New York Newspapers
Watertown
Ogdensburg
Massena-Potsdam
Lowville
Carthage
Malone
NNY Business
NNY Living
NNY Ads
Sat., Oct. 25
SUBSCRIBE
Serving the community of Ogdensburg, New York
54°F
Related Stories

Overheated wood stove blamed for New Bremen basement fire

PREV
NEXT
ARTICLE OPTIONS
A A
print this article
e-mail this article

NEW BREMEN — An overheated wood stove in the basement at 8763 Cut Off Road started a fire Saturday morning that was contained to the basement.

According to a Lewis County fire report news release, Diane E. Moore, who owns the home with her husband, David C., reported the fire at 8:23 a.m. Saturday. The building and some contents sustained minor damage.

No injuries were reported. The Moores have insurance.

Mutual aid was given by Beaver Falls Fire Department, and the Croghan Fire Department was on standby. A code officer also was called.

The investigation is closed, according to a news release.

Commenting rules:
  1. Stick to the topic of the article/letter/editorial.
  2. When responding to issues raised by other commenters, do not engage in personal attacks or name-calling.
  3. Comments that include profanity/obscenities or are libelous in nature will be removed without warning.
Violators' commenting privileges may be revoked indefinitely. By commenting you agree to our full Terms of Use.
Giveaway
Syracuse Football Tickets Giveaway
Connect with Us
OGD on FacebookOGD on Twitter
Thursday 's Covers