WADDINGTON - From jewelry made from spoons to straight-from the-smoker pulled pork, variety will be the theme at this year’s annual Waddington Homecoming.
Hundreds are expected to visit Waddington for the annual festival set Friday through Sunday.
A record 120 vendors, selling items from doll clothes to skin care products, are signed up to participate in the annual craft and artisan fair held throughout the weekend.
“This is the first year I have ever had to turn vendors away,” coordinator Shelly L. Shirley said.
Some popular events will be returning this year.
“We’re able to bring back the no-octane go-cart races,” Ms. Shirley said. “It’s a really popular event for the kids, and adults have fun cheering them on. We will have two age groups, 5 to 8 and 9 to 12, racing one another down Pine Street.”
One of the new events this year is the Amazing E-Race which will be held at Town Hall Square at 2:30 p.m. Saturday.
“People will split into two-man teams or there will be one-on-one races,” Ms. Shirley said. “They will have to race against one another to look up definitions of words as well as play other word games.”
The complete schedule of events is as follows:
• 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Book Sale at Library Community Room (388-4454)
• 10 p.m.: Pet Show at Town Hall Square-Bonnie Taylor (528-7327)
• Noon: Teddy Bear Picnic with Cubby T. Clown at Town Beach- Jamie Fairchild (388-5628)
• Noon-6 p.m.: Bounce Houses at Island View Park (Seaway Valley Jumpers)
• 1 p.m.: Sand Castle Contest at Town Beach (388-7706)
• 5:30-7 p.m.: Ice Cream Social at Methodist Church (388-5568)
• 6 p.m.: Opening Ceremony
• 6:30 p.m.: Diaper Derby at Town Hall Square-Shelly Shirley (276-6327)
• 7 p.m.: Lip Sync Contest at Town Hall Square-Sheryl Evans (276-0016)
• 9 p.m. to 11 p.m.: Atomic Precipitation Band at Town Hall
• 7 a.m.: Pancake breakfast at Methodist Church (388-5568)
• 9 a.m.: 5K Run from Island View Park-Kevin Sharlow (276-9040) or Jason Brown (286-0192)
• 9 to 2 p.m.: Book Sale at Library Community Room (388-4454)
• 10 a.m.: No-Octane Go Cart races on Pine Street-Harry Davis (321-432-8811)
• 10 to 11 a.m.: PiYo Class at Island View Park-Felicia Neahr (518-321-4956)
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Craft Show at Town Hall Square-Shelly Shirley (276-6327)
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Quilt Show at Episcopal Church-Marcia Tiernan (388-7880)
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Art Show at Former Elementary School-Bob Ritter (388-5644)
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Dunk Tank at Town Hall Square (Boy Scouts)
• 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.: Bounce Houses at Island View Park (Seaway Valley Jumpers)
• 11 a.m.: Chicken Barbecue at WVFD-Matt Mayette (323-5606)
• 11 a.m.: Music by Donna Miller at Gazebo
• 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Car Show at Island View Park-Scott Kocher (388-4801)
• 1:30 to 2 p.m.: Step It Out Dance at Town Hall Square
• 2:30 p.m.: Bed Races on Main Street- Mack’s Tavern (388-5862)
• 2:30 p.m. until finish: Amazing E Race at Town Hall Square-Patty Van Patten (388-4393)
• 6 p.m.: Parade from LaGrasse St. to Island View Park-John Mikolay (388-5983) or Benny Fairchild (388-5628)
• 7 p.m.: Music by Double Barrel Blues at Island View Park
• 8 p.m.: 15th Annual Duck Race-Sue Caswell 388-4309/ Cassie Willard (388-5914)
• Dusk: Fireworks at Island View Park
• 9 a.m.: Ecumenical Church Service at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church
• Noon: Community Picnic at Town Beach - sponsored by Seaway Smokehouse & Diner (388-7891)
• 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Water Slide at Town Beach (Seaway Valley Jumpers)
• 1 p.m.: Cupcake War at Town Beach- Touch of Icing (388-4096)
• 2 p.m.: Tube Race from Town Beach to Island View Park
For more information call Ms. Shirley at 276-6327 or email- email@example.com or visit Waddington’s Annual Homecoming Facebook page.